Sunday, March 24, 2013

Simpleness

Simple. Still. Content. 
Learning to just be okay with who I am, what I want, and what I have.
Taking time for myself.
Not taking time away from my life to worry about the things I cannot change or comparing myself  to others.
I have regrets, sure. But you cannot turn back time
And in time, I realize most things do happen for a reason.

Which brings me to this lazy, wonderful Sunday after an amazing weekend with my friends and boyfriend. 
I feel so happy with the people around me. I have never felt so comfortable with another man by my side. Since date one, things have just been comfortable, just clicked. No awkwardness. Total acceptance. Wonderful companionship. Joking. Laughing. Comfort. Breaking down the walls I put up from being hurt in the past. Understanding why I made the decisions I made. Clarity. I have learned so much about myself, about accepting myself, which makes it so much easier to be in a relationship. It is so, very early, but my friends adore my new man, I adore him, and I just cannot wait to spend time with him. It is just a connection that I have never felt before, ever. It makes me giddy, butterflies, and hopeful. 

Spring break is coming up, and another school year will come to an end. This summer will bring many changes, no master's classes, a new job, and travels with a new boy. Just need this snow to go away, and the new season and new changes will be a welcomed addition to my wonderful life:)

One day at a time. Simple. Still. Enjoy.

No comments: