Saturday, February 16, 2013

Hawaii and Happiness

Tomorrow morning I am off to Hawaii for my best friend's wedding, flying down with my other best friend
Valentines day was so so special. I got flowers sent to work. No one has ever done that for me before. I love surprises. And I love how my whole school, teachers and students, were envious:) I went out to a beautifully romantic dinner to cap off the wonderful day.
These past two weeks have provided so much clarity for me. So much peace, happiness, self-assurance. I just hope it doesn't get taken away. I am nervous, but optimistic. Cautious but beaming with happiness. I love feeling connection.

I am going on this trip with my head held high. A gift to myself to spend time with friends, in wonderful weather, celebrating a wonderful occasion. No vacation in almost 3 years. It is a true gift to myself. A gift for finishing my Master's Degree, being strong throughout the past year, entering and exiting different relationships, and finally finding a man, with good, deep, promising potential. A man that I can spend hours talking to, that I look forward to seeing each time we meet, that makes me laugh, that is educated, and family oriented, funny, and kind, romantic, and so smart. I have not had this feeling before. Time will tell. But it feels good.

I feel confident. I feel that my relationship with my family is the safest and best it has been in a long time. 

I have committed to a healthier lifestyle, one step at a time, slowly accepting myself and continuing to learn about myself.

Here's to a great trip, with the best of friends, coming home to a wonderful life!

No comments: