Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Beautiful Journey

My life, thus far, has been a crazy, but beautiful journey. 

What I know so far is that it is ok to be emotional; it does not mean I am broken.
It is ok to let others in; they won't all run away; the good ones always stay.
My sense of humor is one of my best qualities; I value laughter in others, and making others laugh.
I am loyal, honest, sincere; and I expect the same from my relationships.
I have different types of relationships and friendships in my life; they all play an integral part. 
Fighting with my family does not mean I don't love them; it just means I am trying to find myself as a individual in the midst of a family unit.
I love learning, and growing, and learning about myself; it is not always easy, but it has proven to be worth it.
People have come into and out of my life; and have taught me very specific lessons.
My heart has been broken; but that also means I taken the risk to love deeply.
I am surrounded by beautiful relationships, wonderful friendships, and fantastic memories; I hold them close.

And recently, I have found a new connection to a man, that while very, very early, it is the kind of connection that puts butterflies in your stomach. The kind of connection that keeps you looking forward to your next conversation, the next time you can see each other. The kind of person that with each conversation you find more and more in common with each other. The kind of man that is a professional, family oriented, funny, smart, caring, supportive, and to know all this, after only a short time, it's just a gut feeling...a gut feeling of happiness, contentment, of excitement for possibility. 

And with that, I anxiously await Friday night:)

No comments: