Thursday, June 27, 2013

Gratitude

Sometimes grief hits you harder on some days vs. others. 
And since my gramma died, my family has not agreed on how to handle papa. 
True personalities have shown, and who self-centered, and who is about family really comes out.
It is not really that they care any less or love any less, but rather, they just have a self-centered personality and don't think of other's as they should. They won't change and it is not worth an ulcer trying to change them.

Tonight, despite the thunderstorm warnings and terrible weather, my brother and I took my papa to Sizzling Sticks, his first time a Mongolian BBQ time place. It was such quality time. He was so adorable, a bit overwhelmed, but did great, and really enjoyed. I literally felt my grandma smiling down. I missed her. I miss her. But I know the sun came out because she smiled on us taking care of her husband of 60 years. 

My heart feels full.


No comments: