Monday, August 5, 2013

Big Week

This very well be a big week for me.
New opportunities on the horizon.
Despite all the growth, despite all the life experience, I still fear jumping into the unknown.
Having said that, I am blessed with a wonderful man that has provided me with many different perspectives, scenarios, and endless support no matter what decision I make. 
He thinks about the future, but understands the ties to my past. 
Sometimes the best parts of your life, come from taking a huge risk, a huge chance, trusting in the opportunities that come your way.
I have sought advice from friends, colleagues, family, my boyriend, and have done some real soul-searching, and in the end, I just want to make sure my life has purpose, and has impact on lives of others. Whether that is in the classroom, or out, I want to make sure I make a difference. 
I don't want to jump in, before I am ready, but I also do not want to miss an opportunity. 
Right now, I am worrying ahead of time, so one step at a time.
But as I look ahead to the next six months, there is going to be a lot of changes, no matter what, but I am the happiest and most secure I have been in my life.
I honestly did not know what true happiness, joy, contentment, security felt like until I met the man of my dreams. 
Not that I need man to survive, I don't. But he respects my independence, allows me to have my own life, yet compliments my life in such a way that I am a better person around him. I am more calm in other areas of my life. I have the support of such great friends and family. This man by my side has just fit in perfectly with all the people in my life, it is like he has been around me for years. He just gets me. All my insecurities, all my flaws, all my doubts, he just accepts. 
His constant priority is whether or not I am happy, and my constant priority is making sure he is happy. We care so much about each other. The chemistry is undeniable. 
He has faced adversity, as have I. Our lives have not been perfect sunshine and rainbows, and he does not expect that. 
I love his friends and family.
I love how loyal he is.
I love how almost 7 months later, I still get butterflies when I see him.
It's that beautiful balance of love, space, challenge, and true loyalty to each other.
I love dating him. I love that he gets such joy out of surprising me. I love his sweet gifts. 
I love that he leaves coffee out for me in the morning so it is ready when I wake up.
I love that he kisses me goodbye each morning before he goes to work.
I love that since January we have talked everyday and never run out of things to talk about.
I love that no one can make me laugh as hard as him.
I love who I am when I with him, and how it has made me realize how wrong everyone else was before him.

As I head to the gym this morning, I feel...well...hopeful..excited...filled with anticipation. As the last few weeks of summer come to a close, I can confidently say this has been the best summer of my life. I really cannot wait for what is ahead.

Feeling blessed, grateful, healthy, and ready for whatever comes my way.

No comments: